Saturday, September 24, 2011

Things I Learned This Week


  • that the Chicago Cubs & The Bears are the best sports teams of all time.  (well, Daddy & Mommy know that's not entirely true...but we love them anyway...and I love wearing Daddy's hat and eating pretzels with him on Game Day!)
  • how to say "more" (with a New Jersey accent, no less) and "dog" and "bubbles"
  • how fun it is to Skype with Daddy when he's on break at work.  (but now I don't like talking on the phone so much, 'cuz I can't SEE the person on the other end...what a drag.)
  • that 90 minutes sitting still in a movie theater is a lot longer than when I'm watching TV at home (but regardless, Lion King RULES!!!)
  • that I don't have to be afraid of the water, and I actually LOVE blowing bubbles!...(and that our tub makes for a fantastic slip & slide when bath time is over--it's TOTALLY a stall tactic, but as long as I keep bringin' the cuteness, I think I've got 'em hooked in)
  • how to perfect my "controlled dizzy girl fall" in the tub that makes Mommy & Daddy laugh like crazy
  • how to make tug boat sound effects with my bath toys.  (okay, it actually sounds like a chainsaw more than a boat noise, but I'm workin' on it!)
  • how to draw with crayons...and how to bite off their tips...and how to peel the paper...and eat it  (Mommy has yet to find one in my diaper...but she's SURE the day is coming)
  • how to sit through an entire board book reading (Mommy finally feels a satisfying sense of accomplishment in her day...and I'm glad I could help.)
  • that I like talking to my Grandma Judy and Grandma Dot's pictures on the wall and giving them kisses (I have a LOT to catch them up on, and SOOOO much love to give.  It's what I do.)
  • that I can spend HOURS climbing in and out of a big empty box that Daddy cut & taped up for me so it looks like a boat...or a race car...  (who knew?)
  • that being thrown onto the bed makes me giggle hard every. single. time.  (without fail)
  • how to give spontaneous hugs and kisses to Mommy, Daddy...Mazi & Gracie (...and that sometimes the dogs need their space...it's nothing personal...they just don't like having their eyes poked out!)
As you can see, it's been a verrrrrrrrrry busy week!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment