Monday, December 5, 2011

An Elmo Birthday

My birthday was on Sunday, December 4th!!!  Mommy & Daddy asked other 'rents what worked for a 2 yr olds birthday...and most of them said that they went waaaay too big, and the toddlers were easily overwhelmed and ended up engaging what I like to call The Meltdown Protocol.  So in an attempt to avoid a birthday breakdown, Mommy & Daddy decided to keep it simple.

So Mommy made some Elmo cupcakes...because, don't forget, Elmo is my soul mate.  :)  They ended up looking like this:

We ended up going to my favorite Mexican Restaurant, called Miguel's, after church.  We sat near friends we go to church with, and after our meal we share our cupcakes with them, and they sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  I DEVOURED my cupcake!!!  Not that I didn't love Elmo...but I just had to have that sugary goodness inside my mouth!

I got lots of presents from Grandma Judy, Meema, Aunt Kim and Mommy & Daddy!  If this is what a birthday looks like, I can't even imagine how GREAT Christmas is going to be!

So I am now officially TWO!  Mommy and Daddy say that with a weird look in their eyes.  I think it's a mixture of delight and terror.  When people ask them how old I am and they reply "Two", everyone laughs out loud together, and they always give Mommy & Daddy a big pat on the back and say, "Good luck with that."

I'm not sure what that means...but I don't especially like their "tone".  Being TWO is TERRIFFIC!!!  I'm learning to talk more and walk better...I'm figuring out that I'm really funny...and I can spontaneously undress any time I want to!  I love doing things by myself, like: feeding myself, walking up and down the stairs by using the railing, buckling myself into my booster seat, and "reading" books!

Personally, I think this is going to be my best year yet!  Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment