Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tonight Was a First:


Our very first POOP during bath time!!!  (Grandmas...how do you like that for an update?!?!)

It happened to me once when I was babysitting my nephew (who shall remain nameless in order to preserve his sense of personal dignity), but it's DIFFERENT when it's coming from a petite, beautiful little miss with gynormous blue eyes...who was squealing with delight...all when you're only moments away from cuddling.  Simply shocking to the system.

We went from "oh yes, sweet girl...splash that water...you splash that water" to "GOOD GOSH, LAND MINES!!!  You grab the baby, I'll grab the bath toys!!!..."

I might need some over-priced therapy to get the traumatic visual out of my mind.

Now the sweet innocence of bath time has been tarnished, and the time we so cherished now has a certain sinister, risky quality to it...like, it could be magical or it could be quite disgusting...it's anyone's guess.  It's kind of like some sort of demented episode of Sponge Bob Square Pants.

I think this is where the proverbial parentally thick skin begins to develop.

My goodness, one can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment